The Alexandra Gardner Women and Children Safe Centre (or AG House as it is fondly known) is Kelowna’s only 24/7 homeless shelter for women, youth and children. It is a low-barrier meaning people who are active in their addiction can access however, they are not permitted to use while in the shelter.
The shelter’s services are free and include:
- a 30 day stay for those who are homeless
- a warm, clean and safe non-judgmental environment
- three nutritious meals a day
- 24 hour on-site support
- individualized case planning (e.g. assistance in finding housing, employment, accessing medical treatment, referrals to alcohol/drug treatment programs)
- laundry facilities
- referrals to NOW Canada programs and other community services
For further information or to access the AG House, please call 250 763 2262.