now canada society
Relief Residential Worker/ Shelter Client Support Worker
Date: April 11, 2018
Competition Number: 009-18/19
Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs and NOW Canada Society invite applications from qualified individuals for the position of Residential Worker/ Shelter Client Support Worker.
Successful applicants will ideally be hired by both agencies, improving opportunities for gaining experience, training and increased work hours.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts intakes with clients and documentation on various data bases.
- Participates in service delivery for individuals living in a residence/shelter.
- Provides life skills training such as meal preparation, housekeeping.
- Responds to emergency situations. Reports problems to the supervisor.
- Administers medication to clients in accordance with established policy.
- Assists with case management by identifying potential problems and reporting any difficulties.
- Collaborates with professionals, families and natural supports.
- Provides emotional support and feedback to residents and their families.
- Identifies opportunities in the community that will meet clients’ needs.
- Prepares food for clients and facility cleaning as necessary.
- Diploma/Education in the Human Services field and/or two years recent related experience
- Experience working with addictions, homelessness and mental health concerns
- Current First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Food Safe is an asset
- Successful completion of Agency Screening Process including a criminal record check
NOW Canada is not unionized while OBGCs position requires membership in the BCGEU.
Rate of Pay: $16.00 to $19.00 per hour
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and resume to:
Name: Sarah MacKinnon, Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs Youth Housing Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: Open until filled
Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs is an equity employer and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive staff team.
Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs and NOW Canada appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.